11 Apr Restcomm-Connect 8.1.0.GA released
Since the last release, lot of new features, enhancements and bug fixes kept us busy and for some time it was real hectic. But we’ve made it and today we are happy to announce the release of Restcomm-Connect 8.1.0.
Lots of great contributions from community and certified partners will get you excited.
Here is the list of community contributors
- Ricardo Limonta – https://github.com/rlimonta, contributed a new TTS module for AWS Poly https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Arlimonta
- Abdul Aziz Ali – https://github.com/abdulazizali77, now member of the core team (yeah!), contributed several fixes and improvements for the REST API https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aabdulazizali77+is%3Aclosed
- Panos Skias – https://github.com/panoski contributed fix for Restcomm Visual Designer https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Apanoski
- Imran Raza Khan – https://github.com/imranrazakhan contributed to the auto-config and startup scripts https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aimranrazakhan
- Anh NT Nguyen – https://github.com/anhntnguyen contributed a fix for Call CDRs https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aanhntnguyen
- Vu Nguyen Cong – https://github.com/forever3000 contributed several fixes for the REST API https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aforever3000
And contributions from Telestax certified partners
- Kacper Mosieński – https://github.com/kacmos and his team from Ovoo, contributed Restcomm acting as IMS GW new feature https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1339, funded by Orange Poland. Check documentation http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/configuration/ims/Restcomm_IMS_GW.html#intro
- Vadim Mykhailiuk – https://github.com/vmykhailiuk and his team from Dataart, contributed a new feature to support SIP REFER for Restcomm – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1602, funded by Fone.Do . Check blog post here
Thank you all for the valuable contributions to the project.
Highlights for this release:
- Amazon S3 integration to store recordings now provides 3 security options for how to generate the recording url, see more http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/configuration/s3/Restcomm_S3.html#intro
- Implemented Dial Status callback so your application server can get updates as the Dial to client/number/SIP URI progress, see more here: http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/rcml/client-rcml.html#client , http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/rcml/number-rcml.html#number , http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/rcml/sip-rcml.html#sip
- Improved the way we handle the Akka actors unhandle exceptions so we don’t have unexpected behaviors anymore, see more https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1829
- Provided a new feature that Restcomm will act as an WebRTC GW to IMS network, you can see more here http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/configuration/ims/Restcomm_IMS_GW.html#intro
- Implemented SIP Refer support (RFC5589 flow 6.1), see more here http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/tutorials/Restcomm_SIP_Refer_Support.html#sip_refer_support and https://telestax.com/call-transfer-restcomm/
- Provided a new TTS Service module for AWS Poly, see more here https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1618
- Introduced the new Geolocation API, you can read more here: https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/637 and http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/api/geolocation-api.html#geolocationapi
- Implemented a new feature that will delay the answer to the initial call until we get the answer to the dialed destination (assuming that we have RCML: <Dial>DESTINATION</Dial>), you can read more here: http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/rcml/dial-rcml.html#answer-delay-with-dial-verb
The above are just a small part of the enhancements, new features and bug fixes we include in this release.
You can check the full change log here: https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aclosed%20milestone%3A8.1.0%20-label%3A%226.%20Wontfix%22%20
Restcomm-Connect documentation is online and updated here – http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/index.html
- For community Restcomm-Connect downloads, please check the github release page: https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/releases/tag/810ga
- For TelScale Restcomm-Connect customers, binary files can be downloaded from https://telestax.zendesk.com/entries/57121979-TelScale-Restcomm-GA-Binaries
- Restcomm docker image has been updated for this release and you can use the “8.1.0” tag to pull the Restcomm-Connect 8.1.0.GA docker image. For more information visit http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/configuration/docker/Restcomm%20-%20Docker%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.html#restcomm-docker
Your feedback is highly appreciated. If you discover a bug or you have suggestions for a new feature, we would like to hear from you. Please report Restcomm-Connect bugs and new features at https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect or use the public forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/restcomm
You can even be part of the Open Source GitHub RestComm-Connect project by contributing patches, documentation or tests, check the RestComm-Connect 8.2.0 Roadmap or the Restcomm-Connect issues with “Help Wanted” tag.
Visit http://www.restcomm.com/ for more news, tutorials and documentation and stay tuned for more, just make sure you subscribe to Telestax newsletter and follow us on Twitter so you miss nothing.