23 Dec Restcomm-Connect 8.0.0.GA release announcement
The Restcomm-Connect team at Telestax is proud to announce the release of version 8.0.0.GA of Restcomm-Connect for community and Telscale customers. This is the last release for 2016 and a major milestone since in this and the upcoming releases, we plan to introduce some great features.
The current 8.0.0.GA release, includes several improvements and bug fixes, for stability, security and enhancements.
Here is a list of the release highlights:
- Brand new design for Restcomm Admin Dashboard! Credit goes to Despina and Alex, thanks 🙂 – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pull/1676
- Conference in a cluster (TelScale customers), thanks to Maria – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1104
- Moved dao manager configuration to a new configuration file. Thanks Orestis – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pull/1627
- New security to enforce strong password for client and accounts. Thanks Orestis – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1347
- Added UCS-2 charset support to SMS API, thanks to Alex – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/pull/1410
- Properly handle in-dialog INVITE – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1544
- Provided new scripts for LiveCallModification testing – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1668
- Restcomm group-id and package changed to org.restcomm.connect – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1122
- Properly delete accounts and resources linked to them, thanks to Orestis – https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/issues/1270
Full changelog can be found here: https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/milestone/17?closed=1
Restcomm-Connect documentation is online and updated here – http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/index.html
- For community Restcomm-Connect downloads, please check the github release page: https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect/releases/tag/184.108.40.2064
- For TelScale Restcomm-Connect customers, binary files can be downloaded from https://telestax.zendesk.com/entries/57121979-TelScale-Restcomm-GA-Binaries
- Restcomm docker image has been updated for this release and you can use the “8.0.0” tag to pull the Restcomm-Connect 8.0.0.GA docker image. For more information visit http://documentation.telestax.com/connect/configuration/docker/Restcomm%20-%20Docker%20Quick%20Start%20Guide.html#restcomm-docker
Thanks Despina for the great XMAS Restcomm logo.
Your feedback is highly appreciated. If you discover a bug or you have suggestions for a new feature, we would like to hear from you. Please report Restcomm-Connect bugs and new features at https://github.com/RestComm/Restcomm-Connect or use the public forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/restcomm
You can even be part of the Open Source GitHub RestComm-Connect project by contributing patches, documentation or tests, check the RestComm-Connect 8.1.0 Roadmap or the Restcomm-Connect issues with “Help Wanted” tag.
Visit http://www.restcomm.com/ for more news, tutorials and documentation and stay tuned for more, just make sure you subscribe to Telestax newsletter and follow us on Twitter so you miss nothing.
Lets make 2017 a great year for Restcomm-Connect ! Happy new year to everyone