SMSC GW 7.2 RELEASE IS OUT!
We are happy to announce the Restcomm SMSC GW 7.2.0 release and Telscale SMSC GW 7.2.1.GA release are out !
Restcomm SMSC GW 7.2.0 release is a community release, Telscale SMSC GW 7.2.1.GA is for Telestax customers.
Most notable changes and features of the Telscale SMSC GW 7.2 releases:
1) SMSC now uses a dedicated SMPP stack and JAIN SLEE Resource Adaptor. This is based on the Cloudhopper SMPP stack that Telestax has forked to keep its development going introducing a number of new features such as submit_multi. This means that SMSC GW contains from now on an SMPP RA in the deploy folder and a dedicated GUI to access SMPP server settings and configure ESMEs.
2) Added support for “Delivery Receipt Transit” :
- more incoming receipt formats supported
- extra default mproc rules condition “receiptnetworkidmask” for help in sending delivery receipts back to an original ESME.
3) Generation of SMS-STATUS-REPORT for MO originated messages
4) Default mproc rules: “addsourcedigprefix” “newsourceton”, “newsourcenpi”, “newsourceaddr” actions added
Full Changelog is available at https://github.com/RestComm/smscgateway/milestone/4?closed=1
- For Telscale SMSC GW customers, binary files can be downloaded from https://telestax.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207964316-TelScale-SMSC-GA-Binaries
- For Restcomm SMSC GW community users can download from here: https://github.com/RestComm/smscgateway/releases/tag/7.2.109
Thanks to the evergrowing community of contributors and especially to Hussein Al-Maayn who
- Reported and Contributed Default mproc rules action: changing of source address value
Your feedback is highly appreciated!
You can even be part of the Open Source GitHub RestComm project family by contributing patches, documentation or tests. Read our Open Source Playbook to get started and check the SMSC GW project Roadmap where we have already marked issues with “Help Wanted”.