Restcomm Android WebRTC SDK Beta 7 is out!
We are proud to announce the 7th Beta release of Restcomm Android WebRTC SDK. It comes with a focus on stabilization, serviceability, testability and various fixes.
Restcomm Android WebRTC SDK allows you to leverage the telecommunication features of Restcomm Connect. It offers a simple yet efficient Java API that you can use to add rich communications capabilities to your Apps.
Features for this release:
- Added DNS SRV support in Android SDK to allow for more dynamic DNS configurations
- Made ICE Servers configuration pluggable in the SDK level and migrated WebRTC Demo App to Xirsys V3
- Enforced policy for ICE candidate timeouts that alleviates the huge call setup times when an interface times out
- Introduced base facilities for asynchronous integration tests for SDK and introduced more integration tests
- Exposed WebRTC getStats functionality through our API
- Made various bug fixes and enhancements; for an exhaustive list please refer to the change log below
Some additional resources
- Project home
- Changelog for this Release
- Quick Start guide
- Reference Documentation
- API breaking changes for the Release
Meet the Community
Interested in getting your hands dirty with the new WebRTC Demo Application? See the SDK in action by installing the community .apk directly from TestFairy.
Feel free to jump in and play with the SDK code. If you want to become an open source contributor we’ll be glad to meet you. There’s always cool stuff waiting to be developed. Check out our future milestones & associated issues to get a taste.
If you have any questions please post them at the Restcomm forum.